Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hokkaido

Finally have some time to sit down to finish my diary on Hokkaido tour.

Got back from Hokkaido last night around twelve o’clock. Thanks a kind old Japanese man who works on the third floor taking us back by his own car. Otherwise we would spend another sleepless night in a local family restaurant near Ebina station.

Starting to miss Hokkaido right now. Miss the white snow, crystal clear sky and the flakes all over the sky. I just pack all the snow in a crystal ball and put it right beside my pillow so that everynight before going to bed I can look and feel the scent of the snow. That’s gonna keep all the nightmares away from me and maybe bring Santa during Christmas season.

Okie, let’s get down to note something about the trip:

Day 1

We set out around 0 in the morning to catch the last training of Odakyu line. 16 minutes later we were in Ebina. It took us some time looking for the gathering spot and the restaurant where we are going to spend the 3 hours in the early morning.

Denny’s was our choice against Johansson. A tiny cake and a cup of coffee.(This was all what I had before eating a bite of Hokkaido Lamen 11 hours later at a ski resort.)

4:15, on boarded the bus. There was only another guy.

4:35 in Ebina research center. The bus was filled people talking and laughing.

4:55 20 minutes after we set off from Ebina. Silence in the bus. Everybody was too sleepy to talk.

6:08 We arrived at the airport. There was like 30 minutes for free. We thought that there will be breakfast served on the plane so we just spent the 30 minutes wandering around the airport taking a bunch of crappy pictures. (this judgment is later proved to be wrong.)

6:33 Took the picture of the lovely plane which has a cartoon icon all over its body.

6:55 We took off.

An hour later, we were over Hokkaido.

The first thing that I saw through the window is the snow!

Day 2

Ski.

A little nervous. Since I’ve never tried this before and my PE is always the worst subject on my score card. I was a bit nervous.

It was truly thrilling when approaching the edge of the ski path at the speed of 50 miles/h without even knowing how to make a turn.

We made a mistake taking the Middle level route. It was obviously too difficult for someone like me who has just stepped on to the ski board for less than an hour. Even though, I survived and succeed in making downhill in about 2 hours. Sweat all over, wet ass (for I've fell off for too many times), and a trembling pair of legs(Really nervous and tired). We took the beginner route in the afternoon. It was suitable for us.

I feel pain in places where I don’t even know before.

Day 3

Zoo.

6 hours bus ride. And nearly an hour waiting in the -10C wind, the only thing we were planning to see is a bunch of clumsy pigeons to stumble around and passed in front of you in no time. And what’s weried is that there were like more than 400 Japanese people waited there and keep shouting Kawaii…Dear God. When you are in Japan just do the stupid stuffs with Japanese people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home